Mary MacKillop was an ordinary person who lived an extraordinary life, an unconventional life that saw her triumph over adversities and obstacles placed in her way. She truly was a woman who lived her life out of the ordinary.
Similarly, Mary MacKillop Place is a place unlike any other. A place of tranquility amidst busy North Sydney, offering accommodation, conference facilites, a holy site and more. When you visit us you\'ll discover it\'s a place that is truly out of the ordinary.
An Extraordinary Journey
Renowned as a spiritual, educational and hospitality centre, Mary MacKillop Place is unique in Australia. The heart of this sacred site is the Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel where the tomb of Saint Mary MacKillop is located.
Whether a Sisters of St Joseph, a parishioner, a curious member of the public or conference delegate, Mary MacKillop Place is the perfect spot to connect, develop, grow and achieve.
Discover the museum, celebrating the life, work and spirituality of Mary MacKillop, facilities for education, gift shop & cafe, accommodation and venues for retreats/conferences.
Respecting the Cammeraigal People
We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians whose ancestral lands we gather upon at Mary MacKillop Place. We acknowledge the deep spiritual attachment and relationship of Aboriginal peoples to this country and commit ourselves to the ongoing journey of Reconciliation.
Inspired by Mary MacKillop and in the tradition of the Sisters of St Joseph, Mary MacKillop Place strives to offer hospitality and service in an environment of peace, hope and love of God.
Through a variety of life-giving ministries, Mary MacKillop Place:
* Promotes the importance of Mary MacKillop\'s life, work and spirituality
* Is a centre of pilgrimage, learning and growth in the spiritual dimensions of life, hospitality, prayer and pastoral concern
* Offers a quality of service that respects the dignity of all
* Celebrates the rich heritage and story of Mary MacKillop and the Sisters of St Joseph.
At the heart of the philosophy that underpins Mary MacKillop Place, we suggest there are six core beliefs:
* Love - understanding the importance of generosity, respect and encouragement
* Empowerment - the enhancement of you and your self belief and development
* Faith - in the power of Mary MacKillop Place to inspire connection to God, your inner self and others
* Compassion - support, acceptance and understanding
* Action - being pro-active, disciplined and employing a strong work ethic to get the job done
* Honesty - being true to yourself and one another to achieve purpose
Anderledy Lodge is located within the grounds of Mary MacKillop Place. It is an oasis in the middle of North Sydney, providing private accommodation for the corporate or private traveller. Anderledy Lodge offers their guests comfort and peace of mind. The accommodation includes single, twin and double rooms with or without ensuite facilities. Shared bathroom facilities are available for all guests.
In addition, one and two bedroom self contained apartments are available with cooking facilities. Inclusive of all tariffs, Anderledy Lodge offers each guest continental breakfast served in the Dining Room each morning from 7am. Anderledy Lodge is within easy access to public transport and only a short 5 minute walk to North Sydney train station. Sydney CBD, tourist attractions and only 30 minutes from the Sydney International & Domestic Airports.
Located within the grounds of Mary MacKillop Place is the Chapel and Shrine of Saint Mary MacKillop, a Museum, Gift Shop, Caf� and Conference Centre. Your Hosts: The Sisters of St Joseph, Sr Brigette Sipa. Guest Services Manager: Lauren Sheen."""