The North Sydney Campus (MacKillop) hosts more than 3,100 students, including over 1,700 international students.
Just a five minute train ride from the Sydney city centre, over the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge, the North Sydney Campus (MacKillop) is conveniently located in the North Sydney business precinct.
Mary MacKillop founded the Congregation of the Sisters of St Joseph in South Australia in 1866 and moved to a cottage in Mount Street, North Sydney, in the 1880s.
In 1913, the Sisters established a training school at North Sydney for the teacher training of the Sisters of Saint Joseph. In 1958, lay students were admitted to the College which in 1971 became the Catholic Teachers\' College. In 1982, this College became part of Catholic College of Education. It was at this stage that the name MacKillop was given to this campus to identify it as a discrete part of the College and to recognise the ongoing support of the Sisters of St Joseph.
At the end of 1990, the Catholic College of Education Sydney formally handed over responsibility for the College and its operations, which now rests with ACU."""